Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Song of the Day - Covers

I had no idea this was a cover! Bon Iver (well, I mean Justin Vernon) is so good, I thought he was the original mastermind behind this masterpiece. Bonnie Raitt originally recorded this  in 1991. I definitely think Bon Iver's version is better though. What do you think?

Also, here are some fun facts about Bon Iver: The majority of the time spent working on his 2007 album For Emma, Forever Ago was in a cabin in Medford, Wisconsin. He went to UW-Eau Claire where he majored in Religious Studies and minored in Women's Studies. The name Bon Iver is taken from from the French phrase bon hiver which means 'good winter.'

Well shoot, Justin Vernon, since we live in the same state, how about you and I get together? Maybe you can serenade me? I don't care that you're 10 years my senior. You're handsome, you're a hipster, in all the photos I've seen of you you're wearing flannel, and you can sing really well. AND you like cats?! I can hear wedding bells already.


Bon Iver - I Can't Make You Love Me


No comments:

Post a Comment