Sunday, April 14, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 104

I love words. Forgive me for that stupid way to start this post, but it's true. I'm a writer; I thrive on beautiful and unique words. So when I found this on the Huffington Post a few months ago, I realized that other people like words just as much as I do!

The Project Twins, made up of James and Michael Fitzgerald, an Irish based creative duo, created this alphabet using the definition of the word in the picture. Here are my favorites. You can see more here!

Ktenology - The science of putting people to death.


Leptosome - A person with a slender, thin, or frail body.


Scripturient - Possessing a violent desire to write.


Tarantism - A disorder characterized by an uncontrollable urge to dance.


Vernalagina - A romantic mood brought on by Spring.


Xenization - The act of traveling as a stranger.


No comments:

Post a Comment