Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fun Facts About Yours Truly

I thought it would be fun to do a post about five things you might not have known about me! Like? Dislike? Tell me what you think!

1. I have an obsession with cereal. I eat cereal more than any normal human being should. My favorite cereals are Cinnamon Life, Special K with strawberries, Reese's Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Honey Bunches of Oats. The worst days are when I run out of cereal. So if you see me and I'm cranky, it's probably because I don't have any more cereal and therefore have nothing to eat when I get home from classes.

2. Ice cream is my favorite desert. I would take a bowl of Neapolitan ice cream or Mackinac Island Fudge over a piece of rich peanut butter swirl pie at a fancy restaurant any day.

I don't understand why some people are jealous when other people have to get their tonsils out and then get to eat ice cream for a week. You ALL have the power in the world to eat ice cream for a week too, AND your tonsils are just fine. 

3. I'm Native American. I'm not lying! My mom's ancestors were Native American, mostly from the Choctaw and Cherokee tribes. My Indian name is Lazy Bones.

The first time I found out that I was Native American was when I was applying for college. My dad told me to mark my ethnicity as American Indian, because it was the truth, but mostly because it increased my chances of being accepted into college.

4. I only applied at UW-Whitewater. Well, okay, this one is a lie, because I did apply at UW-Madison, only because my dad and older sister are huge Bucky fans and they both thought I should go there, but I had my heart set on UW-Whitewater. (Why? It was close to home, only 45 minutes away, it had a great elementary education program, and it was the perfect size for my hermit self) I got my acceptance letter around Thanksgiving of my senior year of college, and by then I could care less about if UW-Madison wanted me or not.

5. My birthday is Christmas Eve. Pretty cool, huh? I always liked it. Christmas is my favorite holiday, so having my birthday a day before was the best thing ever. When I was growing up and when birthday parties were still cool, my mom made sure to throw me a birthday party a few weeks before my actual birthday, which I really appreciated. Then my close family would have a small party for me on my actual birthday.

My family would never get my presents mixed up, except for one time a few years ago when my mom mistakenly wrapped my birthday present with the Christmas presents, so I ended up not getting any presents on my birthday that year. Wah, wah. I sound like such a brat. #firstworldproblems

Here's a picture of my cute self Christmas many years ago, with my older sisters Cary and Beth.





2 comments: