While I don't completely agree with all of these points, I applaud the writer on GirlsGuideTo for creating a short, sweet list of perfectly good advice for women.
19 Things a Woman Should Live By
1. Men are an amazing part of life, but they are in no way the be all and end all of life.
2. It's okay to admit that you're young, fab and NOT broke. Celebrate your success.
3. Don't waste time crying over little boys who talk too much. Some day you will find the one and then all that happens in between will just seem like bullshit. Some will be hot and unforgettable bullshit, but nonetheless bullshit.
4. It's okay to be 22 or 32 or 42 and not know what you want to be when you grow up.
5. Many people will try to judge your spending and lifestyle habits, but don't let it get to you. It's your life, your money and no one else's business.
6. If you like being single, it's okay to admit that. Maybe you like being alone. Maybe you like just dating and hooking up. Guys like these things and the world has not problem with it.
7. In business it's likely that men twice your age with half your brain capacity will be making triple the money that you do. Work hard anyway, never give up, for you are the brain and voice of tomorrow.
8. Your parents already lived a bulk of their life. It's time to start living yours. It is possible to both respect them and be happy. Sometimes they may get mad at your choice. Make those choices anyway. They love you and will eventually come around.
9. It's okay to order extra cheese on your fries and not go to the gym after.
10. No matter how old you are by number, never forget what it feels like to be young and alive.
11. People are always going to talk, so just do your thing. You may as well give them something to talk about.
12. Having one too many shots with your girlfriends on a Saturday night doesn't make you an alcoholic. It just means you're having a good time. Anyone who tells you otherwise is jealous. You work hard all week and deserve time to get your party on.
13. Don't keep company with those who constantly compare themselves to you. Keep company with those who love you for you and enhance your life.
14. If you can't find your prince, there is nothing wrong with enjoying kissing all the wrong frogs.
15. Live your life for you: not your parents, not a man, not your friends. It is the only way you will ever truly be happy.
16. You're never too old to learn something new.
17. In your life you will wind up with a select few friends who are more like your soul mates. Cherish them; they'll be the ones around when the party is over.
18. You're going to make mistakes: the wrong career, the wrong major, the wrong boyfriend. Everything happens for a reason. You'll learn something, recover, and come back better than ever.
19. Live each day with no regrets. Don't fret over the past. Even the bad parts shape us for the future.