Monday, July 29, 2013

Song of the Day - Music Video Mondays

I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift and I love that in many of her music videos, it features herself as a different character. Mine featured herself falling in love with a waiter, Love Story featured herself as a modern Juliet, You Belong With Me featured herself as a nerdy girl who loves the boy next door...and his girlfriend, a mean cheerleader with a brown wig. Let's all give a round of applause for Miss Swift for being so darn perfect and creative.


Her music video for Ours features herself as a grown-up with a real office job...a real boring office job. She's got it down to a T (ha! see what I did there?) - from the modest blouse and pencil skirt, to the stale elevator ride, to wearing tennis shoes and changing into dress shoes at her desk. When I was in NYC, I would always see women, either in the subway or on the street, wearing really nice work outfits...and tennis shoes. And I never really understood that, because why wouldn't you just wear comfortable flats instead of sneakers? That's what I would do anyway. Of course, I live in flats, though. 
And I'm not going to lie -- the ending of this video made me tear up. Why do you do this to me, Taylor?!

Taylor Swift - Ours

No comments:

Post a Comment