Monday, September 9, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 253

As a waitress, I used to hate when customers gave me change. This happened a lot last summer at Seabiscuit. I hated sliding the change from the table to my apron pocket, and it had nowhere to go except in my purse, which only made it heavier! Ugh!

I finally came to my senses and remembered that my parents gave me a coin counter many years ago at Christmas. It laid dusty in my room until the beginning of summer when I transported it from Burlington to Whitewater. I get a lot of loose change at the Edge. I make the most amount of money on Sunday mornings, so my little Tupperware container with my name on it is always filled with singles and change by the end of the day.

Instead of throwing it in my purse, I started taking it home, and one of my favorite activities to do after I got home from work (besides rubbing my tired, tired feet) was to put all my loose change into the coin counter. No joke! I'm such a nerd, I know.

I wanted to track how much money in change I made this whole summer, and maybe buy something nice with it, like a new pair of feet. It was almost full by the end of the summer, and a week or so ago I took it to the bank and I made $84.06!

No comments:

Post a Comment