Saturday, December 28, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 362

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet, because this was the inspiration for my 365 Days of Happy project. I received this gift from my friend Chuck about a year and a half ago. He studied in Peru the summer after I studied in Ireland and he got me this beautiful bag. 




I remember the day he gave it to me so clearly. He and I were going to free spaghetti dinner at the church, and after dinner we hung out in his place, which he shared with Nelson and a few other guys. We talked about Peru, his girlfriend, school, and before I left, he gave me this bag. It was made in Peru and I think he got it on the side of the road from one of those cheap vendors. He said he thought of me when he saw it, and I have to admit, it's perfect for me. 

I walked back to my house smiling. I was so grateful! I thought to myself, I wish I had something where I could write down happy memories. This small gift meant so much to me, and my friendship with Chuck means so much too. It's a beautiful bag, and I love the memories associated with it.

Here are some pictures of Chuck at his best. Sophomore year. Three years ago, can you believe it?!



He tried to teach me how to play the drums.




Then I tried to teach him how to model.



No comments:

Post a Comment