Tuesday, November 26, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 331

I'm loving these perfect sentences from Publishers Weekly.

'My father was right: you could make anybody amazing just by insisting they were.' - What We Know About The Lost Aztec Children by Elizabeth McCracken

'I sleep with a glass of water on the nightstand so I can see by its level if the coastal earth is trembling or if the shaking is still me.' - In The Cemetery Where Al Jolson Is Buried by Amy Hempel

'He knew he was going to die but he thought this little thing might provide him with a nothing stool way off in the corner of heaven that nobody cared about.' - The Known World by Edward P Jones

In other, less inspiring news, I quit my job at Career & Leadership Development today. Well, I told everyone I was quitting a few weeks ago, but today was my last day. It was a long time coming.


I remember when I started in this office this summer, I was so stoked for everything that I was going to accomplish with this social media and blogging position. But, things changed, as would be expected in any job, and I didn't agree with the changes and how my new supervisor ran things, so I quit. And I can say honestly it was one of the best things I've done this year. I credit my blogging and social media skills to this internship, especially Laura Jacobs, who taught me so much. But it was time. It was bittersweet leaving my little office for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment