Tuesday, June 18, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 169

This meme describes my anxiety perfectly. I'm honestly getting anxiety as I read all of these. I can feel my heartbeat racing while simultaneously dropping to the pit of my stomach. But I'm also laughing like a hyena because this meme is so hilarious (check out introvert cat, too!).


Oh, please. I've perfected the cool, calm and collected persona since middle school.

So I've been dealing with anxiety since around high school, but it's gotten worse in college. No surprise there. Get ready to get your mind blown: I take medication for my depression. It's also an anti-anxiety medication. One of the side effects is INCREASED ANXIETY. Something is very wrong here.

You know, I think that's why I love social media so much. You can interact with so many people and businesses...without actually meeting them in person!



This has actually happened to me. It wasn't a pleasant experience.



As a victim of social anxiety, I always need to SERIOUSLY PREPARE for social interaction.




But I'm okay with it. I own my social anxiety!



No comments:

Post a Comment