Monday, June 10, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 161

Part II, to Throwback Pictures from the Royal Purple
(Check out Part I)

This photo is special to me for a few reasons. One, this was the first time I covered a basketball game at UW-Whitewater. It was my first time taking pictures of a sports event, and I had no idea what I was doing. I barely knew how to use my camera! 
That leads me to my second point. I met Ryan at this game! During the beginning of the game, I spotted him and could see that he knew what he was doing, so I moseyed up to him, said hello, you obviously know what you're doing and I barely know how to turn this camera on so can you help me? and well, the rest is history! (We started dating 9 months later)
Ryan and I kept talking throughout the game, and he showed me a few pointers, which I really appreciated. He was humble. He also had a girlfriend up in the bleachers, who noticed me strike up a conversation with Ryan. She told him later that I flipped my hair around every 8 seconds, which I can't deny.
I also love this picture because of this guy's facial expression. You don't mess around with #24.


When I covered my first soccer game, I took this picture. It's no good by any means, but I absolutely love it. I somehow focused on the back of #14's head, which takes some talent, believe me. It looks like their world is spinning around them.


Here's Willie striking a pose at a women's volleyball game!


I covered this benefit for Lisa Panici and many of the volleyball players and supporters wore these t-shirts.


How do I volleyball?!


Am I doing tennis right?!


LOL I dunno. This is how I tennis!


I think this is right! LOL I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment