Saturday, March 23, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 82

The next few Days of Happy will be all about my spring break. Why? Because they were all happy days! This is the first trip I've been on since I studied abroad this time last year, so it was a BFD. This was also the first road trip I've ever been on! I learned so much about myself, about traveling with another person, about budgeting, and about how to prepare for a road trip. I'll post those tips soon.



For now, let me tell you about the cool things we did today!

Ryan and I arrived in Ann Arbor around 6 or so. It took about 6 hours to drive from Whitewater to Ann Arbor. We found the University of Michigan and wandered the campus around after seeing the Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity house and Greek Row!







U of M was so beautiful. I loved the campus. It reminded me a lot of UW-Madison, where my sister, dad and cousin went.


We stopped for dinner at Frita Batidos, recommended by Ryan's soon-to-be coworker Danny. Frita Batidos is a super indie, Cuban-inspired restaurant in downtown Ann Arbor. Sorry the pictures are so grainy! I took them on my phone and the restaurant was really dark. While Ryan and I waited for our food, we played Dominos! The weirdest part wasn't that there were table games on picnic tables in the restaurant, the weirdest part was that Ryan won!























The food was AMAZING. If you haven't tried Cuban food yet, I strongly recommend that you drive to Ann Arbor and go to Frita Batidos and get one of the fritas (Cuban burgers made from spicy chorizo served with shoestring fries) and a batido (tropical milkshakes, made with or without rum) but not the fresh ginger lime juice, unless you like drinking strong, exotic juices out of a Ziploc bag with a straw.


No comments:

Post a Comment