Wednesday, March 27, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 86

Today, Ryan and I drove from Buffalo, New York to Oxford, Ohio. The trip took about 7 hours and we didn't do much, except go shopping at an outlet mall outside Cleveland and make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in a middle school parking lot while watching hooligans skateboard in the parking lot. So here's a flashback from my first big spring break trip in college. I was a sophomore and my friend Nelson and I went to New York City for the week!


Here we are at a store in Times Square! Clearly I didn't shave my legs that day. Or my face. Or my arms.


When we stopped at The New York Times, the CEO was there, and Nelson and I struck up a conversation with him. I explained how I was a journalism major in college and he told me the New York Times needs more "young, beautiful, brilliant people to work for him." He told me I fit the criteria and he offered me a job right on the spot!


The New York Times even offered me a house in Chelsea, and a free limo service to and from work every day.


I also found my long lost brother. Do you see the resemblance?


We got so cold in Grand Central Station that we had to make a little fire out of french fries and ketchup. It didn't work so well. And we were out of a dinner.


Here I am again! This morning I shaved my face and put on my makeup.


Just then, I told Nelson a really funny joke. That, or he's unbelievably scared but doesn't want to show it so he put on a happy face.


We made a friend!


Nelson fell asleep standing against the wall, so I attempted to be poetic.


And then he attempted to be poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment