Tuesday, February 26, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 57

It's no surprise that I'm an introvert. I'm fit introversion to a T. If you looked up the word introvert in the dictionary, you would see my face, but does anyone even have paperback dictionaries anymore? I've always known that I was shy, and I thought that something was wrong with me. Only recently I realized that there is nothing wrong with me! Introversion is a good thing.

According to The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World by Sophia Dembling, introversion is a gift. 'You're not shy; rather, you appreciate the joys of quiet. You're not unsociable; instead, you enjoy recharging through time alone. You're not unfriendly, but you do find more meaning in one-on-one connections than large gatherings.' I'm about halfway through this book and it has given me so much insight on why I am the way I am. I highly recommend it for any of you introverts out there!

I make fun of my introversion and my hermit-ness, but it's okay, because I am happy who I am. I'm glad I'm an introvert. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not the only one making fun of introversion. These memes are too! My friend Patrick showed me this today and it definitely made my day! Thank you so much, Patrick. 

This is me, in a nutshell.














No comments:

Post a Comment