Friday, April 26, 2013

Song of the Day - Friday Favorites

The summer before I turned 14, my family and I took a trip to Alaska. Here is proof. We were on a boat to go look at glaciers cave.



I appreciated my parents taking me on this once of a lifetime trip, but I don't appreciate how they didn't tell me how terrible those bug-eyed sunglasses looked on me.

That summer, my family and I flew to Washington and then took a cruise up to Alaska. The cruise was totally awesome. I mean, think about being 14 years old and having a huge boat all to yourself, not to mention having free food, warm weather, and great views. One day I even laid out on the top deck in my bathing suit top and shorts it was so warm! The cruise ship stopped in Juneau, Ketchikan and Fairbanks so we got to explore different parts of Alaska.

I met a guy on the ship. I'm not exactly sure how we met, but we hung out a few times. His name was Casey and he was a hockey player from Colorado, on vacation with his family as well. When we were lounging on chaises by one of the many pools on the ship, he showed me some music of his, including this one. This is one of my favorite songs, but not because a cute boy showed me it. It's really upbeat with reggae tones, and for two minutes, it makes everything seem okay.

Slightly Stoopid - Collie Man


No comments:

Post a Comment