Sunday, July 28, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 209

Life is funny. A couple of months ago, I was offered the opportunity to be the Public Relations chair for Panhellenic Council at UW-Whitewater. I went back and forth about my decision. I didn't really know a lot of women on PHC. But if I got the position, I would be going through recruitment with my little sister. It was a tough decision for me! Did I want it? Will I be too busy for it? Will I get to do a lot of social media marketing?


And as you might know, I currently have the PR position, and oh. my. goodness. I absolutely love it. Funny, right? We're promoting recruitment, of course, since it's about a month away.
'You get out what you put into it,' is a quote that describes many positions in sorority life. I'm not the best press release writer, but boy can I manage a social media site like it's nobody's business. I've never had to write a newsletter, but I'm pretty darn crafty. I made the Go Greek letters in our recruitment colors - coral and navy - which you can see below in the pictures.

Crafts and social media? Sounds like a good promotional piece to me! I took pictures of these lovely disaffiliated women and plastered them all over our new Facebook page (I created it!), and got about a gazillion 'likes' and comments, which of course made my whole entire week (social media nerd status). Here are some of my favorite photos I took today.







No comments:

Post a Comment