Sunday, January 27, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 27

I have been a member of Delta Zeta Sorority for going on four years now, and I can honestly say that it has been one of the smartest decisions I've ever made - to go Greek. I could write for hours about what I love about Delta Zeta, how it has changed me, the amazing women I've met, and I've got plenty of funny and heartwarming stories too, but I'll save that for another post.

Delta Zeta is part of Panhellenic Council, or PHC. PHC is the governing organization for women's sororities. They oversee 26 national sororities, including the two we have on our campus - Delta Zeta and Sigma Sigma Sigma. There is also a local sorority on campus - Alpha Sigma. And we also have Gamma Alpha Omega, a Latino Fraternal Organization. Even though those last two aren't technically in PHC, we hold meetings with them and do events, such as recruitment, together.

Spring recruitment is starting up soon, so all the members of PHC got these awesome pink tshirts that say 'Keep Calm & Go Greek'! We're all obsessed with them.

I love the 'Keep Calm & Carry On' slogan so much. I saw a lot of versions of it while I was studying abroad in Dublin, and a friend bought me this awesome Keep Calm It'll Be Grand poster in the back of the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment