Sunday, January 6, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 6

You might be wondering what this 365 Days of Happy is all about.... or you might not. Either way, this post is about the inspiration I had to create this project. This also might be the toughest post I've had to write. 


I have depression.


AH. There. I said it. It's out, everyone knows. I don't know how to feel about that, but part of me knows that no one will read this blog anyway so it takes some weight off my shoulders.


I didn't have one of those 'ah-ha' moments where a doctor in a white coat sat me down and 'diagnosed' me with depression. I've known I've had some problem since... high school. This past fall was the worst semester of my life and I finally had time to schedule an appointment at the University Health and Counseling Services (they're great, by the way). I got prescribed some anti-depressants and after a few months, I'm almost back to my old, happy self.


These pills literally make me happy. They are my happy pills (ha ha).


After I started getting better, I thought of this idea - 365 Days of Happy. A thought, a picture, a song, a story - something that makes ME happy. I don't care if it makes YOU happy or if it doesn't. This blog isn't for you, it is for me.


There will be something Happy every day of this year. I do hope that some of them inspire you or make you happy as well, but like I said, this is for me, and by this time next year, I will have 365 reasons to be happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment