Friday, January 11, 2013

Song of the Day - Friday Favorites

The first time I worked for Andrejka's SnapThis! Photobooth on Mackinac Island this past summer, it was for a private wedding on the big lawn in front of Mission Point Resort. I'd been working for Andrejka a few weeks prior, taking photos of weddings with her, but she needed an assistant for the photobooth and I gladly volunteered. 

Andrejka and I just finished setting up the photobooth and the props when the lantern and Christmas lights dimmed and everyone stood up. The DJ announced it was time for the bridal party to make their appearance. The music started playing a fun song as the bridesmaids and groomsmen strolled into the tent, laughing and dancing along. The only weddings I'd been to all summer were the ones I was taking pictures of, so it was so nice to stand back, relax and watch the bridal party in peace, instead of scurrying around to get the perfect shot of them making their appearance.

When it was time for the bride and groom to walk in, the DJ started this song. It was the first time I ever heard it and I fell in love. To this day this song reminds me of that wedding, where the bride was absolutely beautiful with long brown hair and a crown of flowers around her head, and the groom was Lebanese, tall and handsome, along with all of his brothers.


The Lumineers - Hey Ho


No comments:

Post a Comment