Wednesday, January 9, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 9

So my parents are re-doing our kitchen. By that I mean my dad is doing all the labor and my mom is supervising and making sure our cats don't walk in the wet floor grout. It's pretty exciting. By that I mean it's a pain in the butt. I've tried to avoid coming home during winter break because the mess in our kitchen totally gives me anxiety. 

It took me almost 20 minutes to make lunch the other day because our kitchen has spilled out into our family room and living room, so finding everything was a hassle. I'm pretty sure some of our food disappeared during the move, otherwise my parents are playing a mean trick on me. See, I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to spend a lot of time making food (that's why I'm going to marry a chef, so he can cook for me all the time).


Why is this a Day of Happy, you ask? Because I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's done! Here are some 'before' pictures...


This is my dad laying down the tile. Do you see where those two coppery pipes are in the left hand side of the picture? A wall used to be there. I don't think knocking out a wall was in the plans, but I think my dad just got mad and started hammering away.




This is the view from the opposite side of the kitchen. There used to be cabinets, our refrigerator and a microwave where those wooden two by fours are in the middle of the picture.


Look at how nice our new tile is! My mom found it for half price off. That was her contribution to the kitchen renovation.


No comments:

Post a Comment