Tuesday, January 29, 2013

365 Days of Happy - Day 29

So, like I said in this post, I'm not writing this blog to impress anyone else. I don't care if you don't like my taste in music, if you think I'm a terrible photographer, or if you think my 365 Days of Happy is stupid. That being said, this article I'm about to post is for my enjoyment, for my own reasons and records.

Okay, I didn't mean to sound that rude and cynical. I'm not a rude and cynical person (most of the time) in real life. What I am, though, is an introvert. Yes, I am an introvert! If you looked up the word 'introvert' in the dictionary, you would find the picture of me below. But, there is nothing wrong with me, just like there is nothing wrong with people who have Asperger's, people with disabilities, or people who are extroverts.

I used to think something was wrong with me, though. I've always been shy. I've always been the one in class who would slouch and stick my nose in my book when the teacher would call for volunteers. I've always been more comfortable being in my room, alone, than being at a party with a bunch of people. I'm just really different, and I wish people understood why I am the way I am.

I am quiet. I am conscious. I am aware. I am anxious. I am an introvert, and damn proud of it.



A few days ago, I stumbled upon this article written by Anna Runyan, a consultant and blogger at ClassyCareerGirl. It describes me so well that I thought I would share it with you. They are all true for me, except for #7. Hopefully you will get an insight into why I am the way I am.
If not, well... you can stop reading now. Seriously, get off my blog.

15 Reasons I Am Proud To Be An Introvert

1. I think before I speak so I almost never say something I wish I hadn't said.

2. I get a lot of stuff done at work because I can focus without talking to other people. I can concentrate for long periods of time.


3. I have very close friendships and relationships instead of a ton of acquaintances I kind of know.


4. I can talk for hours about something I am passionate about. Just ask me about blogging. (or traveling!)


5. I am calm during stressful situations at work and very thoughtful when handling problems. I consider my actions before taking them which clients appreciate. My clients know that they can trust me because I have thought and analyzed any action I plan to take.

6. I am a great listener and empathetic. I can put myself in someone else's shoes very easily.


7. I think I may actually give better presentations than some extroverts I know because I prepare, prepare and then prepare some more. Presentations usually go well for me because I say everything I want to say because I practiced ahead of time.


8. After some practice, interviews aren't extremely difficult for me because I am able to succinctly answer the interviewer's questions rather than talking too much. I am also great in one-on-one situations so I can nail one-on-one interviews.


9. Because I don't speak up that often, when I speak up now people listen because they know it's important.


10. Quiet time rejuvenates me and I love my peace and quiet. If I was an extrovert, I would probably not be able to blog so much because I would be at happy hour.


11. I don't like small talk at all. I want to go deep fast and get to know you.


12. I am never lonely. Give me an entire day, a good book and my computer and I am as happy as can be!


13. I am independent and don't care that much about what other people think about me.


14. I know myself pretty well because I have thought a lot about my strengths and weaknesses and pretty much over-analyze myself on a daily basis.


15. I learn a lot from other people in the classes I take. Just because I don't always raise my hand doesn't mean I am not listening. I am taking in every word that everyone else is saying and thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment